Hello Family!!!
Well I can tell you now that I feel almost 100% better but I am still feeling like a million bucks!!!
So guess what? I went to the dentist yesterday and they took one of my wisdom teeth out and it was a huge tooth!!! I kept it, for memories : ) Oh my dear family I do feel so very blessed indeed. I want to tell you all a million things but there is not enough time to write everything for time is so small! But I do want to mention a few things:
The earthquake close to Rome is defintely a sign that a temple is being built in Italy. I feel so priviledged to be here at this moment in time to help move the work of God. I feel the Spirit very strong right now as I write about this. The Lord is preparing His children. Satan is working hard to not have a temple in Rome, but we know he is going to lose! The church really is growing in Italy. Peopel are changing and people are coming unto Christ. The past two days we did scambi. I went back to Milano 2 and it was great. I was able to teach Eva, our awesome investigator. We were going to invite her to be baptized in May, but she beat us to it! She said, I want to be baptized on May 2. I am so excited for her. Sorella Wilcox followed the Spirit and we, she and I and my old companion and Eva, all fasted so that Eva would have the permission from her boss to go out on Sundays for church and then also on May 2 for her baptism. I have felt the Spirit so strong these past few days. I am so grateful that I was able to participate in a fast for one of my favoirte investigators, my little Eva! The church is growing in Italy!!! The Second Coming of the Savior is fast approaching!!! I am so excited that I am able to be here in this exciteding time.
On scambi, I was also able to see Ada, my mamma away from home! She is Phillipino and I love her so much! She is less-active, but is so strong. She was so happy to see me and I was so happy to see her. I really feel like the Lord has truly blessed me to be able to see some great people in Milano 2 during scambi. I love Ada so much!!! One of the great things about the mission is meeting awesome people and then making great relationships and friendships with them. Then sometime later in life, I hope I can meet all of them; but if not, on the other side I can be with them forever. I love relationships and friendships so much! They are the best! They are one of the best things to have in this life, because then we will get to have them again after this short earth life.
I don't know if it 's like this in New York, but in Italy, on the subways, we call them Metros, it's Italian, I think, we are blessed to have singers and musical players play for us on the metros, for money. But there was this crazy lady singing terribly on the metro. It was hilarous!!!
So this short email turned into a novel. Hello! This is Megan! I talk for hours and I wrote novels home. Well, I got to do a few other things before we head out of email, but life is great. Thanks for the prayers and everything. Plus I am so excited about Natalie and Madalyn!!!! Oh it is so sweet!!!!
I am so excited for everything!!! I LOVE you all!!!
Love,
Sorella Megan DeVocht
P.S. We talked to a guy here at the Internet point, he's from somewhere close to romania and we gave him a brochure and talked to him about missionaries. he wrote down our names and we hope that he reads about the restoration and that he calls us. we see him here often at the internet point. life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment