22 April 2009

Going on transfer number 7!!!!!!!



Dear Family,
Well, the call of death was last night, er, transfer calls, that is. And guess what? Guess where I'm going? ............................

Life is getting a lot better. Sorella Booth and I are having a great time doing missionary work and really helping this area of Milano to grow.

First picture is of the HAIL that we received one night last week during an awesome THUNDERSTORM.

Second picture is of my companion 'decorating' her planner. Lighting a ribbon on fire. I think it's a sweet picture.

Third picture is of the sunrise from our kitchen window. I thought it looked pretty great.

On Sunday, it was super hard for both my companion and I to get up and go to church. But we did it. And I can see the blessings from being obedient, even when I really didn't want to. We went from teaching zero appointments to teaching like 15 in a week. We have already had 3 lessons, we have 2 more today, and we have a lot set up for the rest of the week. The Lord is truly helping us get back into the swing of things and He is blessing us tremdously. We have the potential of having a baptism this transfer. Pray really hard for Mabel. She is 17 years old and she came up to us and asked us for our information and she really wants to change religions. We had a lesson with her on Monday, we watched Finding Faith in Christ. All three of us felt the spirit so strong. After the film, Sorella Booth and I shared our testimonies and talked about how we felt, or what we had felt. Mabel said she felt the same and my great companion said that this is the spirit. We invited her to pray about what we talked about and to read the Restoration phamplet for the next time, which is today, in about 1 hour and 15 minutes : ) I am really excited to see Mabel grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and for her to really know that she is a daughter of God and the He has a plan and purpose for her.

Yesterday, we met with Ester, an older lady, who has cancer, but really likes to talk about God. We taught her a lesson in the park, but it was more like we just let her feel the spirit. She told us that Christ has never left her alone, never. I saw tears in her eyes. We sat in silence a lot, but it wasn't awkward; I really feel that she was feeling the spirit and having a conversation with him. She really wants to come to church, she has a lot of faith.

This morning we went grocery shopping and we really wanted to buy a delicious cake that we had eaten at an investigators house. So we bought, and then the lady at the check out, said that one cake is 3 whatever euro and then the 2nd one is free, a gift. So Sorella Booth went back and got a different one and now we have 3 cakes at home, one from last week, that a member gave to us. Mamma mia!!! We have some eating to do. No worries! Oh! Mom, I got your delicious Easter package on Monday. Sorella Booth and I have been eating a TON of treats these past few days. We've been eating a lot of junk.

I love you all and I always love receiving mail, emails, letters, packages, and etc, you guys are great. Thank you so much. I love you all!

Love,
Sorella DeVocht


Have you guessed yet where I'm going?........................
...........






.....................................................................................


NO WHERE!!!! Sorella Booth and I will be companions for a second transfer, this makes it my fifth transfer in good 'ol Milano. Woot woot!!!

Ciaodì

No comments: