Ok, so yesterday I woke up from this madness nightmare I was living in. It took watching a true story on animal planet, where this guy was swimming in a lake and was attacked by an alligator and he was fighting for his life in the water. Meanwhile, his friends called an ambulance and a helicopter was flying in for him. In the end, he lost part of his left arm. He said something that really hit me: You can't see yourself with limitations. He uses a fake arm and he can still do everything he did before the alligator attack. That really got me thinking. He was fighting for his LIFE. I suffer from depression and it's just probably as bad as I make it out to be. Meaning, I am the one in control and I am the one who decides if I am depressed or not. I think that I have been using depression like a crutch. God gave me wings to fly, not to crouch low and hide behind my old, ragged, smelly, gray, soft blanket of depression that is smothering me. I don't like it, but it's comfortable and familiar. It's scary to push it away and take a RISK and FLY. But that's exactly what I need to do and must do.
Hey, yesterday I just had a bad day.
from the mind of mEgAn
1 comment:
I love your true expression of feelings, and know that what you say is true--God has given you wings to fly and YOU CAN.
Post a Comment