Dear Family,
Life is good, it is great. I love the mission so much. Anyways, so yesterday we guessed who would go where and what not else for transfers. I thought, if I'm being transferred I will go to Bergamo. When our Zone leaders called us last night, they asked us if we wanted to guess where we were going; in my head I thought, I'm going to Bergamo, but I didn't say it out loud. They told us, Sorella DeVocht, the Lord has called you to Bergamo to be senior companion to Sorella Huber. I knew I was going there. And I pretty much knew it all day, but I just kept going. My companions keep telling me that I am super calm. I am. I feel really calm about packing which is crazy because I'm always crazy when I am packing. So folks, I'm going to Bergamo! I'm super excited.
We went to the opera last week, we went and saw Aida. It was great. The scala is so beautiful. I have pictures, but not today. We weren't able to see the end, the best part, because we had to be home by 11pm, sort of like Cinderella. Missionarella - it kind of works. Who knows, it could be a hit. A missionary musical, that would be funny. : )
I was thinking about it this morning, and it really was a privlege for me to serve here in Milano 3 because if Sorella Booth hadn't gone home, who knows what would have happened. But I feel so blessed to have been able to serve in Milan, exactly where I wanted to serve when I first received my call; and for so long, 9 months, and in every ward. I am so happy. Plus, in Bergamo, we, the sisters, manage 2 wards, just like in Genova. I am really excited to go. I will miss Milan, but I know this is where the Lord wants me to serve. I feel the same as I did when I left Genova for Milano, like it was right. Because it is right.
I am just going to answer everyone's question in this one big email so if it's kind of random, just bear with me. So, here we go:
The opera was great! Yes, I enjoyed it very much so. I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.
Oh Jenny, do we have interesting neighbors! One old lady, who is probably in ther 90's and wears the same outfit everyday and can hardly hear us, laughs this crazy laugh, and always yells at the pigeons to leave her balcony: "VADA VIA!!!!!"
Yes Emily, we can go sight seeing on P-days.
Oh Spencer, yes I get to play with cute little kids like you but not as much as I would like to because I'm a missionary. It's because I'm Norwegian, isn't it? : )
Thanks for the pictures Amy! And Ben, I quote you a lot here on the mission and when I said something in companion study today, something that you had said, Sorella Stevens said , your brother-in-law sounds like an all-star. So thanks again Ben for all your great emails! I can't believe how big/tall Katie is getting! She's going to be taller than me by the time I come home!
Well I think that's all folks. Reporting live for the last time in Milano 3
This has been Sorella DeVocht
No comments:
Post a Comment