11 July 2009

July 1--Sticky weather

Hey Family,

Sorry if I've been kind of rocky these past few weeks with writing home. I've been having some challenging times but I am working on enjoying the moment and learning and growing from these experiences.

Ok, the work in Milano 3 is doing great. We have found some really great people who want to progress and who want to get baptized; like Sandra. We found her doing casa in casa last Thursday; she let us in, we taught her a lesson, we kneeled together in prayer, we left her a Book of Mormon and committed her to read, she came to church on Sunday, she brought her Book of Mormon with her, we had a lesson with her after church with a member, she went to that member's house for lunch and was there for like 5 hours, and then we had an appointment with her yesterday and she is doing great. She lives with other people and they think she is strange for doing this, but she says, I don't care, I feel something in my heart and I'm going to follow it. She is so great!!! Plus on Sunday, we met her at the bus stop to walk to church together and she said she was sorry that she was in pants but that the next week she would wear a skirt. Oh family!!!! she is just SO GREAT!!!!!!! And the reason why we did casa in casa in that area was because we had an appointment with someone else in that pilazzo but we didn't know her citofono or where she lived, so we decided to do casa in casa. It's so true that the Lord really does work in mysterious ways.

Do you all remember Mabel? She was my investigator in Milano 1 and this Saturday, she is getting BAPTIZED!!! We're going to go! I am so excited. Oh, Mabel is so great. She is totally amazing.

Well FAMILY I love you so much and I am so grateful for you all!

Love, Sorella DeVocht

No comments: