21 November 2008

21 November--Amo di essere una missionaria

Dear Family,
Sorry I didn't get to write on Wednesday. We had some guys come to our house then to fix our ceiling because our roof was falling in and they were there from 10-4:30 and we couldn't leave the house all day. So we went grocery shopping, came home, dropped the groceries off and I got my bag for scumbi, companion exchange, and we went to the Duomo, a really awesome and cool, and large church. I was with an Italian for 24 hours and it was great. And then today we did weekly planning, and now we are here doing email. So that is that.

How is everyone doing? How is everything?

Life is getting better here in Milan. My companion and I are pretty much on the same page about everything and we're working together and we have some AMAZING investigators. Mara, she is from Brazil, and she reads the Book of Mormon like none other. She is the ideal investigator. She reads in the Book of Mormon and then asks us questions and we research and then we tell her what we learned for her. It's really awesome. Her testimony has totally helped MY testimony. She is so awesome. She set her baptsimal day for December 20th!!! I hope I am still here to see it. If so, it will be my first baptism and totally awesome!!! Oh yeah, I can't remember if I told you or not, but one of my investigators from Genova told me when we went bowling that one day she might be baptized!!! I was SO happy when I heard her said that. She gave me her address so I can write her. She also said that when she gets baptized she will let me know. Oh it is so awesome!!! Just thinking about it now makes me happy and I can feel the Spirit. Doing scumbi yesterday also reassured me that what I'm doing is right. This is where the Lord wants me to be RIGHT NOW. I am so grateful to be a missionary, to help bring souls come unto to Christ and stay true to Him. Also, this is where the Lord wants me to be and needs me to be now, in Milano 2. It is great here. The members, the investigators, the missionaries, I love it all. This past week was great, it feels like it was forever, like I've felt that I've been in Milan for a month, and it's only been 2 weeks. I am learning tons. One of the things that I am learning is how to be a good member missionary. They say when you go home, be the member that you always wanted. I am learning so much about missinary work, how important members are and that when I'm not a full-time missionary, I'm a full-time finder. Share the gospel with your friends!!! Don't be afraid if they reject it. You never know who is going to say Yes again. Everyone who is on this earth said Yes once before. Help them remember why they came to this earth. Don't be afraid of the missionareis, help them, get to know them, have a good relationship with them. And when you've gained their trust, give them a referral and help them out with lessons and what not else. When members and missionaries work together, missionary work happens and it is successful. Don't you want to be apart of it? Doctrine and Coveants 18: 15,16 is an awesome scripture. I actually just shared it last night with a member and FHE because we were talking about that kinf of stuff. I feel like I'm always asking for things in my emails, but the one thing that I want to ask from all of you this email is to do missionary work. Get involved with the missionaries. That reminds me, how is Kalyani? I received a letter from her awhile ago, but I haven't written here back yet. Is she reading the Book of Mormon? I don't know why I'm going off about missinoary work to all of you now, but I guess that I am starting to see the fruits and it makes me happy and I want all of you to have this joy too. My challenge for you: Bring a friend to church this Sunday. You can do it. How about we make a deal. You bring a friend to church and I'll bring someone to church too. How does that sound? Good? Good. Let me know how it went :)

I do have one question. Does anyone know or remember the analogy you use for repentance? I know someone used it in Davenport, I think it was Sister Gowdy, but I can't remember. Something with water and vinegar or something I don't remember. But I want to use it for our investigators and I was wondering if any of you knew.

Well, it's been great and I'm actually glad we weren't able to email until today. Things just worked out great. I love you all and I am so thankful for all your support and love. It means everything to me. I hope to send pictures before Christmas. A Christmas gift, I suppose. But I will probably do pictures next Wednesday or the week after. Anyways, I love you all. Thanks for all you do. You are the best!

Keep me in your prayers. And don't forget to bring a friend to church! I love you!

Ci sentiamo!
Ciao,
Con amore,
Sorella DeVocht

P. S. This is for Terri Weilder: I met Sorella Pitkin. She is awesome!!! She is going to do great here. I love her so much and I don't even really know her. Also she reminds me a lot of my friend in Davenport, Ashley McPherson. It was great to be able to 'see' my friend in the mission.

P.P.S Ashley! I love you!

No comments: