That Thursday night changed everything. Well, not everything, just a few things. I discovered that I really did enjoy playing mini golf. And it was totally fun with great people: Craig, Shane, Tony, and Marianne. But it's more about who you're with rather then what you're doing. That's something I've also learned from the Five Love Languages; which all of you should read because it's super cool! I read the one aimed towards singles, it's called, "The Five Love Languages for Singles." I think the first time I heard of those, was when I was at my friends' house, Ashley, and the missionaries were over and they were talking about that book. Huh, that was a while ago. Anyways, I had a lot of fun that night at Singles. And I do like playing mini golf, when we're having fun and getting to know each other :) I know I said it wasn't my favorite thing to do but I would do it anyways. Well now I like it a lot but I'll gladly play now!!!
I am feeling very grand right now. And I think there are a number of reasons as to why. I also believe that I may have been a little low on Thursday and Friday, but now I feel that I am back to my normal level of happiness.
It's funny how one views themselves. Other people may think or believe that I'm a quiet goody goody who does everything right and I never get sad, I'm shy, and a million other things that I don't know how to put down. I think we all view ourselves very different than everyone else views us. For instance, what I think is a great picture of me, may not be a glamorous shot, and I will probably be looking silly or funny. This picture below is a great picture of me because it is me. I see myself when I look at that picture, me, the way I view myself.
This is the me that I like. Me being silly. Which is totally me :) Not a lot of people get to see this real me. What a shame, for it is far better then the me I pretend to be. I think the reason we don't always show our true selves to every person we meet is because I think we're afraid to get hurt. I wish I and everyone else as well, could just be themselves! Just be YOU!!! I remember when I was in high school and Becky told me to not worry and to just be me because I have a lot to share and I would be selfish by not sharing myself with others. I WANT to be me! I want those I interact with know who Megan DeVocht is. The real me. The real deal :) Ok, I remember last summer I was at a YSA fireside. I remember just talking and eating food and having fun. We had an excellent lesson. Then afterwards, a guy, who is now a friend of mine, came up to me and handed me this little piece of paper with his phone number on it. I asked him if he usually gives out his number to people. He said, no just you. I asked him why. He said that he thought I was a cool person and I can't remember what else he said. But do you know what was the coolest of it all? It was that I'd never really talked to him at any of the other YSA activities before, and then now he says this. It later hit me that I was just being me and he was attracted to that. It also opened my eyes to this: Be yourself ALL the time. If you're off trying to be someone else, the people who will like and love you the most won't be able to find you because you're trying to be someone else. Besides, if we all tried to be like everyone else, life would be blah. Take an orchestra for example: It sounds so beautiful because there are many different kinds of instruments and they're all playing their own part. If all the cellos starting sounding just like the violins, it would sound horrible! I stumbled upon this website and have really enjoyed it. This is the link: http://www.ehow.com/ I found something pretty cool on it that goes right along with what I'm talking about right now. This is what they said; "Feel positive about yourself, don't get frustrated and have fun. Remember, the real goal is to find someone who will like you for who you are." I think that's what I've been trying to say all this time.
Below are pictures of me that I took of myself. But these are no glamor shots, these are pictures of me, the real me, the way I see myself, and the way I wish I could be all or most of the time. Instead of being this phony Megan that I don't really know who she is. Here are the totally and awesome pictures of me being me. Enjoy!
I like to be silly. I don't always like being an adult, meaning being serious and totally mature all the time. Sometimes it's fun to be a kid. The last YSA dance I went to and it probably will be the last one I go before my mission :( was a BLAST!!! Give us cheap little toys and we can have a lot of fun. Balloons make us happy and giddy! I do like having fun as an adult because there's more to do and more interaction with the people you're around and more relationship building to do then we when were kids. I like doing spontaneous things. I like to dare myself to be more social and confident and bold. I like to talk, a lot. I like to talk about what's going on in my life, but deeper. I'm a deep thinker so I like to talk about deep things. Like things I've learned, which is a lot and could go on for hours and hours. I like to be around people. My primary love language is quality time, listening. That means, that if I talk and talk and talk and talk, and you're just sitting there listening and you think you're being horrible because you haven't said anything, don't worry. I love to know that someone is listening and hearing what I am saying. I love it when people are patient and let me talk to them, maybe even for hours :) I love to talk about what's going on inside of me, my feelings and anything else. I do like to talk of other things that aren't quite as deep, but that's what I love the most. My secondary love language is physical touch. I love it in Nursery when the little children climb all over me and want me to hold them and want to be right there beside me. It makes me happy and I feel loved. Last week in Nursery, one of my favorite little boys was really clingy to me. He wanted to be right by me for the whole 2 hours. It just melted my heart. That really made me feel loved by him. I love hugs, they're very important for you emotionally. But physical touch isn't just hugging and kissing. There's lots of other ways. A lot of times for me, sitting close to someone I like, friends, family, etc. is good enough for me. You might ask, why is Megan writing all this down and sharing it with others? I guess maybe the reason is is because I do feel loved, but sometimes I don't feel loved by the people I love or like. Or maybe I would like to get to know someone better but am having a hard time opening myself up and am feeling really bummed about that. Whatever it is, I'm glad that I was able to get it all out, it even helps me, to see all my thoughts and feelings down on paper. So thanks for listening everyone. And I highly recommend EVERYONE to read "The Five Love Languages." It will really help you with any relationships in your life.
Since this post seems to be all about me, I thought I would post some pictures I took on Friday when it was raining. I absolutely love the rain! It makes me so happy and feel at peace. These are pictures I took and every time I look at them I get this amazing feeling inside of me :) Thank Thee Heavenly Father for wonderful things like rain, and trees, and earth, and skies.
Oh, by the way, I took these pictures from my bedroom window. I jut opened the top of the window, so there's no screen, and took this fabulous pictures!
And no, this has not been S.T. Harriot as it usually is because today
This has been
Megan DeVocht
No comments:
Post a Comment