11 November 2018

Growing Up

  I've been dealing with/experiencing depression and anxiety since around the ages of 12 and 13.  I believe that I it started in junior high.  I am now 31.  Just this week I realized that I have been in denial of this mental illness I have, for years.  I've been on medication and I've gone off of them.  This is officially my third time on medication, but I did take some for a few weeks last year, so technically, my fourth time, but I don't really count those few weeks.
   Every other time I have been depressed, I feel like a kid; I don't know the exact age, but like a six to nine year old.  This time though, mostly yesterday night, I felt like an eleven or twelve year old, a tween, if you will.  It feels cool to feel this way.  :) I'm growing up! 
   As I accept more that yes, I, Megan DeVocht, have an illness, that needs to be treated, the more me I feel like; just right now it's in a kid kind of way.  I bought this beautiful candy red sweater!  It's totally like a Christmas sweater that can also be worn on Valentine's day as well as any other day.  It has hearts on the front and the sleeves.
   The vibe I'm feeling is similar to Stranger Things Season 1, especially the last episode, when it's Christmastime.  Actually, I feel similar feelings and vibes about myself that I do when I watch Stranger Things Season 1.  So fun!
 

No comments: