17 April 2013

Random Thoughts About What I Love Most: Writing and Words

   For about the past week, I've been spending most of my time watching this TV show I found online called, House of Anubis.  I watched all three season in one week.  Seeing as that I do not have a job at the moment and not a whole lot to do during any hours of the day, I didn't see it as a real problem.

   It wasn't really a 'problem' but it wasn't entirely good either.  I could have enjoyed it and spent some time doing other things.  Anyways, what am I saying, why am I saying this?  Er, I can't remember, rats!

   Oh!  I think I remember.  So, I've become a reclusive as my parents fear and need to get back in the swing of things.  Tonight, I was too lazy or whatever to write or read, so instead I watched a movie online, one that I had seen before.  But the interesting thing is watching that movie inspired me to write.  Ironic, isn't it?

   I told myself, 'I can't go to bed until I write on my blog.'  So here I am, following orders, from myself.

   Something else random:  On Saturday, I was feeling rather frustrated with some certain people in my life and one of my older sisters suggested that I write a letter and then give it to them.  I did write the letter, but I did not give the letter to them.  I noticed, however, that something changed inside of me, something real, biology, chemical, something, really changed and I felt so much better.  I also noticed that same feeling when I wrote a letter to two other friends and then actually mailed them off.

   It was like a feeling of wholeness and completion.  It was an interesting and interesting in a very good and positive manner.  Perhaps it is because I am a writer and I must do the best I can of expressing myself through the written word.

   Which is why I have decided to go back to school and study English, Creative Writing.  I understand, no, not really, I realize, sort of, that writers don't get paid a lot and a lot of writers don't get their work published (and get paid for it) but it still is a part of me that I can't and that I don't want to let go.  As my other older sister described, being a writer is a lifestyle.

   Writers and I see the world differently.  I see stories wherever I go; I watch and observe people, both in film and literature and in my daily waking life.  I read up on stuff because I want to know more, I want to learn more.

   Words and songs get stuck in my head for any measure of time and it's almost like it's consuming me, or rather, I am internalizing it, making it a part of myself; taking something from someone else's mind and heart and making it my own.  And it's not just words and songs, it's books and movies and TV shows; pretty much anything that relays communication.

   I love writing and I love words.  That is something that I have discovered in recent years, that I love words.  I think that I have loved words for a long time, but didn't come to realize in until recently.  (I know, I totally just said the same thing twice but in two different ways; but hey this is just a blog, not a best-selling novel in New York).

   When I took Latin in college, that's when I realized how much I love words and that English is just like music, both are languages.  For me, it's easier to describe how letters are like notes and going in that direction versus the other way.

   I am grateful for people who inspire me to do what I love and to be who I truly am.  Thank you (directly and indirectly).

   That's another reason why I think I enjoy quotations so much:  they are a quick, few, simple yet profound words that can change the life of a human being - that is pretty powerful, and maybe even a little intimidating.

This post tonight is pretty random, but so am I, so it works.

Until next time and good night,
-Megan :)

P.S. Actually talking to people is beneficial in SO many ways and WAY better than virtual or social networking.  Eck, I always feel so empty after being online either all day or all day for many days.  Go out and talk to someone, they'll feel better, you'll feel better. That is all.

No comments: