“Signs and wonders for faith” is looking for the sign first then to believe. It’s like wanting the end result first; wanting to eat your cake and then make it. “Signs for the good of men unto my glory” is seeking for signs after the trial of our faith as it so beautiful states in Ether 12:6; signs that are helpful to our salvation; signs that confirm our faith, not base it. Faith in Jesus Christ should be our foundation, not signs and wonders. The signs that are good to seek after are the signs that will help us to return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I really liked what it said in the Student Manual, of what we might say and what God does says. We may say, “Before I pay my tithing, I must know for sure that it is a true principle.” But God says, “First act in faith and pay your tithing, then will I give you evidence it is a true principle.” In a very simple statement, seeing isn’t believing, believing is seeing. I think of Laman and Lemeul who had many signs given unto them, yet they still did not believe.
In Mark 8:11, it helps us to see that “signs and wonders of faith is wrong: “And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.” As well as in D&C 88:65, “And if ye ask anything that is not expedient for you, it shall turn unto your condemnation.”
No comments:
Post a Comment