Hello one and all. So I have been in Idaho, going to school at BYU-ID for the past few weeks. Time is flying by so fast.
Oh please help me. I feel depressed. And I don't want to do hardly anything that I used to like to do. Like reading and studying my scriptures and praying, and hanging out with friends and having fun. I wonder if I am still suffering from the loss of the mission. Maybe I'm seeing that I lost a part of myself. I felt really great on the mission. And I know it's because I was obedient to the rules and commandments required as a missionary. But also I served people every day and I had to push myself; BUT I also had someone right by my side: my 24/7 constant companion. Even though sometimes I really just wanted to be alone or I didn't want to look at their face or I just wanted to get away from them, there are great advantages. 1. You learn to stand up for yourself. 2. You learn to be aware of other people's feelings. 3. You learn to speak up when something is bothering you or if something needs to be addressed. 4. You ALWAYS have someone with you. You get to learn more about each other and you learn to give more. My joy as a missionary came when God's sons and daughters were taking steps and changing. Whether they be non-members, active members, less active members, missionaries, anyone. I miss the mission so much. I grew so comfortable in it, now don't get me wrong, it was still nerve wracking to talk to someone, or I still got nervous and awkward, but I grew comfortable in that kind of social environment. And now I must a learn a new and different kind of social skill. I must learn it because I missed out on in when I was growing up, when I was a teenager. I'm not blaming God or anyone for that, but sometimes I do feel left out. I really miss myself. Who is this girl that says she is Megan DeVocht?
from the mind of ?????? - who knows?
P.S. If you find Megan please help her find me. She truly is missed.
1 comment:
Megan, there is no need to have to continue to feel sad and lost. BYUI has an excellent counseling center with people who can help you feel like yourself again. They have had lots of experience dealing with students who are returned missionaries and the stresses they face. Please give them a call or go in to make an appointment:
http://www.byui.edu/counselingcenter/default.htm
We care about you!
Post a Comment