Hey all!
So two exciting things happened today: 1. I saw and talked with Scott Carlson, I used to work with him at Fazoli's in Orem and he's brother, Becky, is Dan, whom I'm good friends with. He has been here for 7 days and he is going to Little Rock,, Arkansas. We had some roommates go there. He looks the same and it was GREAT to see him.
2. Anziano Waktins, Anziano Hyde, Sorella Jensen and I went to the Temple but today we were children proxies for Sealings. I'm really glad I was able to participate in that. Needless to say, I fell asleep, something that seems to be a habit. Anziano Hyde says that I'm just being carried away into visions. IT was quite enjoyable though. Next week, Sorella Jensen and I would like to do intinartories - I know I spelled this wrong. That will be good because I've only done it only one other time, for myself and this will probably be the last time in 2ish years, give or take some months.
I am beginning to love my district more and more, day by day. It's so fun because we really are like a family and we have all these inside jokes and whatnot else.
Thank you all for the letters and packages. They really brighten my day :) Hopefully when I arrive in Italy and get settled and everything that email will be a little more easier. I can print the emails out, but, this is Megan here, and sometimes I'm a little unusal and picky. Anyways, I'm only here for one more preparation day - YIKES!!!
A new district came in on Wednesday: 4 sisters and 1 elder. Emily, I'll have to send you a picture of Sorella Gadd, she reminds me of Luke from Joan of Arcadia. She kind of looks like him. I noticed that last night.
So I saw Dustin a few days ago, it's always so fun to see him. One time I was talking to him and he says, "I have to get back to work." It just cracked me up. Anyways, he told me that he talked to you, Neil, the other day. He said that you, Neil had moved out of your house. Is that true and if so I need your new address, or is Dustin just making things up? Let me know because I want to make sure that you, Neil get my letters and no one else.
Oh yes! I was chosen to give a talk in Sacrament meeting, in Italian. Yeah, you don't know if you're speaking until they call you name and then 1 mintue later you go up to the stand. Anziano Standfield and Anzaino Morris were also chosen. I thought I did pretty good. My Italian sounded good and I wasn't nervous. The only problem I had, which I've struggled with my whole life is looking out into the congeration. But that's ok, all in good time, all in good time.
Mom, how was Oregon and Aunt Debbie? Did you and Aunt Peggy do anything togeher? I'm assuming she was there.
I can't remember if I said this last week or not, but when we go to the airport, we're allowed to call home. We get our flight plans this Thursday or Friday, so I'll let you know what time.ish.
Well, i can't think of what else to say, and i'm not sure why. i'm kind of a space cadet when i'm on the computer tying. you can believe it or not mom.
I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for all the MANY, MANY, MANY, things I have learned.
I love you all!
Love,
Sorella Megan DeVocht
No comments:
Post a Comment