10 July 2008

Email from June 24

I hope you are all doing well and that you got my last email. Becky, if you could please forward my MTC address and these emails to the list marked Mission friends, or something like that.
Well, Sorealla Jensen and I were writing letters while we were waiting for our laundry and who should come walking down the sidewalk than Elder Jeffrey R. Holland? He walks down the sidewalk and says some things to some of the Elders sitting there. And then he points to Sorella Jensen and I and says, "Sisters, you look great under that tree." And walks on. Then, after I hurriedly pack up all my stuff, we were heading down to the Mail Room and we saw Elder Holland along with Elder L. Tom Perry and some other people, getting a picture by the statue of Joseph Smith. Let me just say that Elder Perry is HUGE!!! He's like a GIANT!!! Anaziano Merrill, Watkins, and Conklin were walking down the sidewalk. They're like, "Ciao Sorelle." And Sorealla Jensen says, "Elder Holland is over there." They're faces lit up too. It was great. Well, we went back to get our laundry and told our Elders, and they're faces lit up and they pretty much bolted out of there. We got our laundry and went back to the mail room and as we did we saw them still getting pictures. It was pretty neat to see them. But at the same time, they're ordinary people. But it was still pretty cool. Tonight is our MTC Devotional. I hope President Monson speaks, that would be fantastic! But whoever it is will have a message just for us.
Everyday I'm liking the MTC more and more. I'm beginning to love my district more too. I think our district is like gorp or a trail mix: we're all pretty much our own person and very, very different from one another. But I'm beginning to love them and I hope that we WILL be friends for life.
We get to go to the Temple today and I am so excited about that. This will be the first time in my life that I've gone 2 weeks in a row! I love being a missionary and I love the people here at the MTC. Becky, I did see Dustin here, but he was eating his lunch and I didn't want to bother him. But I have 7 more weeks to look for him. I would love to talk to him! He's so funny!
It's amazing how much you (can) change when your thrust into a new and different schedule and lifestyle. I go to bed at 10:30, I wake up at 6:30, I get ready for the day, looking nice in 30-40 minutes. I've just seen a lot of change in my ownself. To thine ownself be true. That jsut came to me.
Well, I love being a missionary and am so grateful to be here and to be a part of God 's glorious work: to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I am learning SO much both in Italian and in the gospel. Going on a mission is the biggest and best decision I've made in my entire life! I KNOW this is what the Lords wants me to do. I have not felt homesick of my old lifestyle and I am very grateful for that. I have learned a lot about myself and others, and love, and service, and becoming like Christ. I know God has many things in store for me, thougth I do now know what they are. The Lord has blessed me very much and I am forever grateful for Him, His love, and His atoning sacrifice for all mankind. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

Oh, family can email me but I don't think friends can. I can only email to family, but I would like you, Becky, to forward my emails to my friends.

I love my life and I love the time I have here now at the Missionary Training Center, to be trained how to be an effective missionary. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that He lives. I am so, so, so blessed to be here and am feeling a million different things right now.

I'm so glad to be a missionary. This IS what God wants me to be doing right now in my life. Not in 3 years, not in 1 year, but NOW. I am so eteranally grateful for my Saviour Jesus Christ. I love being here.

Well, I don't have much time left on the computer now, so I will say:

Ciao la mia famiglia!

Love,
Sorella Megan DeVocht

No comments: