21 March 2008

Feeling Anxious

I'm excited to serve a mission; though also scared and nervous as well. This is the biggest and hugest step in my life that I've ever done. Everyone expects me to be cool and normal about it. It's big, big for me. I've always been the little stinker running around with Jenny. Now I'll be serving the Lord full-time for 18 months. I really want to, but that doesn't mean that I'm not scared about doing it either. I haven't been myself and yet I have been myself. At times, I'm really anxious and I don't know why. I know I've only received my mission call a week ago and I'm glad of that. I think once my neighbor receives his mission call, which I think he did today, but he's not home yet, I'll be able to breathe a little easier. I don't feel like myself today, but I don't not feel like myself today. It feels odd. Like two of me is trying to live at the exact same time. I don't know what I feel. Or how to feel.

A friend of mine is throwing a little party in celebration in receiving my mission call.

Sorry, I was interupted by my neighbor. Which was very good indeed. For he did receive his mission call and came over to tell us the good news!!!

Actually, I do feel a little better. Maybe tonight will be good. Even though I didn't invite all of friends, it will do for now. Perhaps when I'm not as anxious as I am now, I, or someone else, will throw another party. You can't have too many parties to intend to :)

Well, I must go get ready now, since I'm in no fashion to mingle with friends.

Until next time
This has been
S.T. Harriot

1 comment:

The Shepro's said...

You will be a fabulous missionary, the coolest part about a mission is that as long as you put your faith in God and forget yourself and just work...miracles will happen. The Hardest part is forgetting yourself but I will tell you this, It's the MOST important. When you forget yourself, you will be happy, the work will go well and you will see the Lord work through you. Missions can be challenging but you know what....If it's not hard, it's not worth it...b/c when things are hard it means you have to grow stronger to get through it so..you go girl...WORK IT!!!!!!