Hello!
I'm sorry I have not yet written anything for this week - shame on me :( I really have no excuse except for the fact that I'm lazy and I procrastinate like none other and I have a horrible habit of wasting such precious and valuable time. Some things I obviously need to work on.
Though I wasn't planning on writing anything tonight, I guess I could just ramble on to anyone who will read this. Instead of having a point to my blog, such as the weather or people or anything else really.
Last night I came to the conclusion that I've been sucked into this world and I've barely just recognized it. I used to be so much better when I was in high school. Doing good, serving others, setting goals and reaching them, always thinking of others, and keeping my life together. Well, it's not so much that my life isn't together now, it's more like it's hanging on by some flimsy string and I'm watching it and I'm not doing anything about it. But now I must! I must! I must! I must! Because if I don't do anything about it, someone else is going to. And I'd rather they not.
All the world really wants from me is my money and that's about all I can think of for now. I went to Kmart last night and as I walked out, empty-handed, having not given in to throw my money in the dirt, I felt wonderful! Like I had done a great and marvelous thing. It felt so nice to be outside in the fresh crisp air, even though it was about 30 degrees, it felt like heaven! It was so glorious! I will hopefully not give in so much to the world that demands so much of my attention and gives so little in return. What do I have to gain or what do I have to show for when my life is in the world? Not much.
I really need to get a hold of my life, take a bridle and lead myself to the right way, that is, before someone else does.
This has been
S.T. Harriot
1 comment:
i know that glorious feeling of walking out of a store without spending anything...it used to bug me that i came out empty handed but now i love it!
Post a Comment