29 April 2010

Garnish

In Doctrine and Covenants 121:45 we read,

"Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven. "

"... and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly..."

What does 'garnish' really mean anyways?

Dictionary.com says,

gar·nish

–verb (used with object)
1. to provide or supply with something ornamental; adorn; decorate.
2. to provide (a food) with something that adds flavor, decorative color, etc.: to garnish boiled potatoes with chopped parsley.

This got me to thinking: what does garnish mean with food? So I found this cool article on about.com entitled How to Make a Watermelon Basket Party Decoration-Step by Step Recipe. I was looking at it and more pondering than reading the article.

My thoughts are not complete, but I want to post what I have thus far. I will finish my thoughts hopefully today; it's just that I need to eat lunch and get off the computer.

No comments: