Dear Family,
I am SO stoked, you don't even KNOW about the temple in Rome, Italy. We were able to watch General Conference, but it was all in Italian and I didn't understand a lot. But when I heard about the temple, at first I wasn't really paying attention, and then I looked at Sorella Harris and she was crying her eyes out and I said, "The temple?" and she said, "Yes, oh my gosh." Then I started crying and could not focus on the next talk. Ben, the Italians cheered. It's crazy because when I was in the MTC, one of our teachers, Fratello Garlick, told us that there was a rumor going around that they would be able to build the temple soon. And then Anziano Hooker said something like this, "Yeah, we'll be in conference, and they'll annouce the temple in Rome, and all the Italians will cheer." And that's excatly what happened. So our district in the MTC guessed it right!!! Ben! That is SO exciting about Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it. I remember that letter you sent me in the MTC telling me about him taking an Italian class in school and you were saying wouldn't they be cool if he went to Milan, Italy? And I thought, yeah, he's going to go. I am SO stoked!!!! I told the missionareis who are here now doing email, my companion, Anziano McKinnon and Anziano Robbins. We figured that Billy will come in when Anziano Robbins leaves because he leaves in March. Then Anziano Robbins said, "Man, I won't be able to train him." ANd then Anziano McKinnon said, "I can." That would be crazy if he did.
The other day after district meeting we went to get kebabs, but the zone leaders didn't come with us. As we were sitting on our bench eating, Anziano McKinnon says, "I feel pretty young. I'll be going home the same time Sorella DeVocht does." It's weird to think that he still think he's young, when he has beeen out here for about 6 months and I have only been here for about 2 months.
Well, life is real real good here in Genova :) We have zone conference next week, and Elder Per Malm wil preside. I'm pretty stoked. President Dunaway gave us some promises so I'm going to work on those things. I'm feeling pretty good just about right now. My companion and I had a real great bonding experience/time last night. I am so glad that we are companions!!! I am SO glad that she is my trainer!!! She is "THE BOMB" you don't even KNOW!!! I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. I was talking about this with Sorella Harris last night and telling her about that this is right. This is the right time, the right place, and everything. I woudn't trade this for anything. Even the hard times I had because it has made the goood times stand out even more. I am know that the Lord wants me to be a missinoary and that He has a plan and purpose for me. I haven't figured it out yet, but I am so grateful to be here. I just KNOW that this is EXACTLY where the Lord wants me to be. I am so grateful that we have this gospel and that we can have assurances like this that we KNOW something. I love you all and I love all the support you give me. Being away from home, and living a completley different lifestyle, you start to appreicate the things you had back at home more. You start to realize that your family is the BOMB!!!! Thanks for all the things you have said to me in the past, whether for my mission or not, because they have really helped me. Nancy, I told Sorella Harris about the thing you told me about music and if you're having a bad day and your favorite song comes on, just listen to it. We were having one of those days last transfer and we were in the metro and a song came on that just calmed us. And now whenever we hear that song, it reminds us of that day. And we are closer too because of that. Sorella Harris said that she's started to do that now, she never did it until I told her about it. so i wanted to say thank you. the things all of you say really help me and change me and affect me, but they can also do the same for those i come in contact with and so by you saying just that little thing, you have affected people's lives. Thank you.
I love being a missionary and I love inviting others to come unto Christ. I am learning tons out here and I am also changing tons too. Last night I was thinking about how I was just a couple of weeks ago, which feel like months, and I thought to myself, "I've changed a lot." Time is so funny and strange on the mission. Something that we did last week feels like a month ago. This is only the 2nd week of our transfer and it feels like it's been forever. it's not because it's bad, it's just how time rolls here.
I always feel bad about not writing actual snail mail letters. I might be able to today, but I am so thankful and grateful for the letters you have sent me. Thanks so much. It's great to get something in the mail from home :)
I love you all so much!!! Thanks for being a great family and being so awesome!!!
Until next week
This has been
Sorella DeVocht
Reporting live from Genova, Italia
No comments:
Post a Comment